The Membership Committee has been convened as part of the 6-year strategic plan and its mission is to further develop the value and breadth of membership.
Terms of reference
The terms of reference for this committee are:
- Initiate the allyship programme (mentorships)
- Develop the platform and programmes for an ISME Student Chapter
- Enhanced recruitment and retention of members towards an expanded representation of geographic regions and communities of music educators
- Recommend activities for member engagement and professional development, with emphasis on early career members
This connects to three points in the strategic and work plans:
- Membership experience
- Professional development (allyship programme, leadership in music education PD)
- Innovative initiatives (connecting members online, increasing networking opportunities)
Under the leadership of Jody Kerchner, the members are shown below.