Partnerships aims and objectives
The overarching aim of ISME's partnerships is to strengthen and support each other’s work in the area of music education.
ISME aims to be a place for global dialogue among leaders of associations as well as individual members of ISME.
The two partners agree to promote mutually beneficial activities and to work together toward further building effective and visible networks of potential partners.
ISME has several types of partnership:
This partnership is open to any professional organisation representing music education and/or music educators in their country or region. Benefits include:
- Mutual promotion of activities and campaigns
- Access to mutual networks for projects and/or future world conferences
- Strengthening global collaboration
- Including information in each other's communications including in delegate packs at the world conferences
- Opportunity to propose a volume in the partnership strand of the ISME/Routledge book series
- Featured on the ISME website as an ISME partner and use of a dedicated logo designating this partnership
Professional association partners also provide one representative to ISME's Council of Professional Associations.
To apply to become a professional association partner, download the application below.
This partnership is open to any institution or not-for-profit organisation that is involved in music and music education.
To apply to become an institutional partner, download the application below.
This partnership is open to any commercial organisation or business that is involved or has an interest in music education.
To apply to become a commercial partner, download the application below.
Note: partners do not have voting rights at ISME. To qualify to vote you must be an individual member.