Why become an ISME member?
- because you care about music education
- because you want to develop professionally
- because you want to be part of an international network of music educators
- because you want what ISME can offer
Individual (and student) member benefits
- free copies of the peer reviewed International Journal for Music Education (four per year) and eligible to submit a paper for inclusion (available in paper and online)
- regular information from the Society (e-newsletters)
- free access to the online peer reviewed journal in Spanish: Revista Internacional de Educacion Musical and eligible to submit a paper for inclusion
- access to ISME Commission information and activities and other areas of interest through the special interest groups
- access to ISME online publication repository for Proceedings and more.
- eligible to submit work for inclusing in the Routledge Series of books, published in partnership with ISME
- eligible to apply for ISME grants
- eligible to submit a book review (peer reviewed, published online)
- information, research and teaching resources, found with the Individual Members Only sections of the ISME website
- professional development opportunities and professional growth – attend an ISME World Conference where you will be able to take part in a host of presentations which are offered in various styles. Energise yourself - Stretch your thinking in new directions
- networking, communicating and sharing - You will meet and be able to communicate with music educators from nearly 90 countries
- voting rights – Board and General Assembly
Being a Group Member of ISME adds credibility to your organization and helps you to keep informed of music education worldwide.
Group Membership entitles an organisation to:
- a free copy of the IJME - International Journal of Music Education (four editions per year);
- regular information from the Society (electronic newsletters and postcards)
- access to ISME commissions and their activities
- website information, including research and teaching resources
- a listing of your organisation's website under "ISME Group Members"
- invitation to contribute to the ISME newsletter and to the ISME website and to advertise their activities (particularly conferences, etc)
How to join
If you have never been a member: scroll down and advise your country and membership type. Fees are based on the UNESCO Human Development Index. This means individuals in countries with a high HDI pay higher fees than those in lower HDI countries. Then your membership type also affects the fee.
If you have been a member in the past: click on the cream tab to the right of the screen, that says Log in or Join us. In the box username type the email address that you will have used in the past for your ISME membership (we may email you from time to time that address, if that helps). Add your password. Can't remember your password? Then click on Forgot password? and an email will be sent to that address to outline how to re-set your password. Once you've done that, you will then be presented with a screen where you can rejoin.
If you are a current member and want to renew early: click on the cream tab to the right of this screen, that says Log in or Join us. In the box username type the email address that you will have used in the past for your ISME membership (we may email you from time to time that address, if that helps). Add your password. Can't remember your password? Then click on Forgot password? and an email will be sent to that address to outline how to re-set your password. Once you've done that, go to View your feed (on the expanded cream tab), scroll down and look for the tile that says Membership and contact details. Click on Renew and it's straightforward from there. Any membership you purchase will be added to the end of your existing membership.