The mission of the Advocacy Standing Committee is to identify and create opportunities to advocate on behalf of music education in international forums through-out the world, emphasizing the importance of including music in the education and life of every young person. To accomplish this mission, the work of the committee should include:
- Planning and offering advocacy sessions at the ISME biennial world Conference;
- Maintaining and updating an advocacy resource page with a variety of materials and relevant links on the ISME website;
- Identifying and publicizing existing advocacy materials in ISME journals and newsletters;
- Serving as a resource for music educators who need assistance in advocating for music education in particular regions and countries;
- Developing closer ties with partner organizations in business, government, and other national associations to coordinate a more international perspective on advocacy; and
- Collecting and sharing successful advocacy efforts from various countries around the world.